How to prepare Matcha tea
Matcha tea is a special type of green tea produced by finely grinding the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. Matcha is an essential part of traditional Japanese tea ceremony and has become very popular in the Western world due to its high levels of antioxidants. Preparation of matcha can seem intimidating, but by following these simple steps you can easily master the technique and prepare a delicious cup of Matcha tea.
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha powder
- 2-3 ounces of hot (not boiling) water
- Begin by sifting the Matcha powder through a sifter to get rid of any lumps.
- In a bowl, add the sifted powder and slowly pour in the hot water.
- Using a whisk (preferably one made of bamboo) begin to whisk the mix until it has a nice foam on the surface.
- Once the foam is ready, you can now enjoy your cup of Matcha tea.
Tips for Preparing Matcha Green Tea
- You should use a bamboo whisk to properly dissolve the Matcha powder in the hot water.
- If your whisk is not made of bamboo, you should be sure to whisk the powder well so that it doesn’t form lumps.
- You can use a different type of sweetener such as honey or sugar if you like your tea to be sweeter.
By following these simple steps, you can easily master the art of Matcha tea and prepare a delicious cup to enjoy any time of the day.