How to Put Tea Bags on Your Eyes
Tea bags are a great way to soothe eye puffiness and reduce dark circles. Tea is known to be rich in antioxidants, including tannins, which help reduce puffiness and discoloration when applied topically. Here are some steps to put tea bags on your eyes:
- Teabags – Choose a caffeine-based tea, such as black tea or green tea. These have high levels of antioxidants and can be used on the eyes.
- Warm or hot water – The hot water will help to steep the tea bags as well as open up your pores.
- Terra cotta eye-masks – These help to retain heat and help the tea seep into your skin. Alternatively, if you don’t have a terra cotta mask, damp washcloths will also work.
- Fill a bowl or cup with warm water. Add the two teabags and let it steep for about two minutes.
- Take the two teabags out and place them on a plate.
- Lay the teabags over your eyes. If you have terra cotta eye masks, place the teabags inside the eye masks and then put them on.
- Sit back and relax for 10 minutes.
- Gently remove the teabags and rinse your face with cold water. You can also apply a light moisturizer.
- Make sure that the teabags do not come into contact with your eyes.
- You can also refrigerate the tea bags to make them colder, which may reduce the puffiness around your eyes even more quickly.
- If you want to reduce dark circles, you can also try using chamomile tea bags.
By following these simple steps and tips, you can use tea bags to reduce puffiness, discoloration, and even dark circles around your eyes.