Removing Skin Tags With Tea Tree Oil
If you’ve developed unsightly skin tags on your body, you may be looking for an effective, natural remedy. Tea tree oil has properties that make it an ideal topical treatment for removing skin tags.
What Are Skin Tags?
Skin tags are generally harmless growths of skin that appear in areas where skin rubs up against itself. They are often flesh-colored, may be slightly raised or appear as a small flaps of skin.
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Skin Tags
Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties, making it an ideal topical solution for skin tags. It has been shown to reduce redness and irritation while also reducing the size of skin tags.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil To Remove Skin Tags
It is important to dilute tea tree oil before applying it to the skin.
- Mix one part tea tree oil with nine parts water.
- Soak a cotton swab in the mixture and apply it gently to the skin tag.
- Repeat the process 1-2 times a day over several weeks.
It is important to note that some people may be sensitive to tea tree oil, so it is important to do a patch test on a small area of skin before using it. If you experience redness, itching or burning, stop using the oil immediately.
- Tea tree oil can also be mixed with coconut oil or castor oil to achieve better results.
- Allow the mixture to stay on the skin tag for several hours at a time.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun while treating skin tags.
- Be sure to keep the area clean, as dirt and bacteria can worsen the skin tag or cause infection.
Using tea tree oil to remove skin tags is a simple, natural remedy that can be done at home and with minimal risk. After consulting with your doctor, you may decide to give it a try for yourself.