Removing Tea Stains
It’s inevitable that one will spill a cup of tea now and again. But, instead of resigning to an unappetizing and quite noticeable stain on your favorite mug, there are some simple and easy ways to remove that tea stain.
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Mix 1 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 1-2 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Rub the mixture onto the tea stain.
- Wet the stained area with a cloth, then apply a pinch of salt to the area.
- Squeeze fresh juice from a lemon or orange onto the stain. Use the backside of a spoon to help work the citrus into the stain.
- Mix 1 part white vinegar with 1 part water and pour it on the tea-stained area.
- Allow the solution to sit for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it off.
- If the stain remains, mix 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with 1 teaspoon of baking soda and rub the paste into the stain. Allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes and then rinse off.
And that’s it! Hopefully these simple steps have saved your favorite mug from an unsightly tea stain. So the next time you spill your cup of tea, don’t worry – you have the power to remove that stain!