How to Remove Tea Tree Oil From Your Face
Tea tree oil is a popular natural remedy for various skin ailments. Though it is a powerful oil that can help fight off bacteria and inflammation, it is also highly concentrated and can cause skin irritation if it is not used correctly. To safely remove tea tree oil from your face, follow these simple steps.
Things You’ll Need:
- Lemon juice
- Essential oil
- Cotton swabs
- Lukewarm water
- Cleansing cream
Step by Step Guide:
- Gently dab your face with a cotton swab that has been soaked in lukewarm water. This will help to dilute the tea tree oil and make it easier to remove it from your skin.
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice and essential oil together. This will create a natural cleaning solution that is safe for the skin and can be used to help break down the tea tree oil.
- Soak a cotton swab with the lemon juice and essential oil mixture, and then gently apply it to the affected area. The lemon juice and essential oil will help to loosen the tea tree oil and make it easier to remove.
- Once the tea tree oil has been loosened, you can use a mild soap and warm water to wash your face with. Follow this up with a gentle cleanser to ensure all traces of the tea tree oil have been removed.
- Once your face is clean, use a moisturizer to help soothe and nourish the skin.
Tips and Warnings:
- Do not use harsh soaps or cleansers as this may cause further irritation to the skin.
- Always use lukewarm water when removing tea tree oil from the skin.
- For severely sensitive skin, you can use a tea tree oil diluted in water instead.