How to Sell a Sterling Silver Coffee/Tea Set
Selling a sterling silver coffee or tea set can be a great way to earn extra money. Whether you inherited the set or found it at a tag sale, here are some tips on how to make the most of your sale.
Do Your Research
- Find out the history of the set. Check for any hallmark or signatures to identify the set.
- Conduct some research online to get an idea of the current market price for the set.
- Note any damage or wear. This will affect the value of the set.
- Keep your paperwork for proof of sale.
Choose A Selling Method
You have a few options on how to sell the sterling silver set:
- Online Auctions: This is a great way to reach the widest base of buyers and potentially get the highest value for your set.
- Online Direct Sales: Some websites will allow you to set up a store and sell goods directly to customers. This allows you to set the price and usually retain more of the value as you will be responsible for packing and shipping.
- Local Sales: Post your set in local online classifieds or advertise for local pickup at tag sales or flea markets.
- Suitable Retail Store: For those who are not comfortable selling the set on their own, consider selling it to a consignment, antique or thrift store.
After the sale, keep track of the cost and sale price of the set so that you can deduct the difference when filing your taxes. Good luck, and happy selling!