Steeping Green Tea the Right Way
If you are looking for the perfect cup of green tea, it’s important to steep the tea properly. Here, we’ll discuss how to steep green tea to get the most out of your tea-drinking experience.
Things You’ll Need
- Green Tea
- Strainer or Tea Infuser
- Begin by filling your kettle with fresh, cold water. High-quality green tea deserves high-quality water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- When the water begins to boil, pour it immediately in a teapot or teacup.
- Measure out the amount of tea you will need. Generally, this means 2 grams of green tea per six ounces of water.
- Brew your tea. Put the tea leaves in a strainer or teapot, then pour the hot water over them. Secure the lid of the teapot or place a saucer over the teacup.
- Set your timer. Green tea steeps quickly, so the amount of time needed will depend on the type of tea and the desired strength.
- Once your timer goes off, it’s time for the final step. Discard the tea leaves in the strainer or teapot, and then enjoy your perfect cup of green tea.
By following these simple steps, you can steep the perfect cup of green tea every time. Be sure to use good-quality water and tea leaves and adjust the steeping time according to your taste preferences. Enjoy!