How to Steep Oolong Tea in Asian and Western Style
- Fill a teapot with 4 ounces of fresh cold water per person.
- Add two teaspoons of oolong tea leaves to the pot.
- Place a lid on the top of the teapot and set a timer for 2 minutes.
- Bring the water to a boil, then remove the lid and dispose of the oolong tea leaves.
- Add 1 teaspoon of fresh oolong tea leaves.
- Put the lid back on the teapot, set the timer for 4 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, discard the leaves and pour the tea into cups.
- Fill a teapot with 16 ounces of fresh cold water.
- Add four teaspoons of oolong tea leaves to the pot.
- Cover with a lid and steep for 3 minutes.
- Discard the tea leaves and pour the tea into cups.
- Add sugar or honey, if desired.