Tips for Storing Tea Bags Long Term
Do you know how to properly store tea bags so they remain fresh for the long term? After all, no one likes stale tea! While some tea bags can last for years, it is important to take the necessary precautions for storing them as advised, so that you’ll be able to enjoy the same cup of tea even after months.
The Essentials for Long-Term Tea Storage
It’s important to be mindful of the environment in which the tea bags are stored in. Here are the basics:
- Temperature Validity: Tea bags should never be stored in environments exposed to direct sunlight or in excessively hot/cold areas.
- Dryness: Tea bags should also be kept away from wet and humid places to avoid moisture.
- Odor Neutrality: Store tea bags away from odoriferous foods or materials, to avoid absorbing those smells and tainting the tea. This can affect the taste and aroma.
Long-Term Tea Storage Tips
Now that you know the basics for tea storage, here are a few additional tips for making your tea bags last longer:
- Air-Tight Container: Use an air-tight container to store the tea bags, such as a mason jar with a lid or a vacuum sealer.
- Tie the Bags: Tying the bags will help to keep them upright and secure them in the designated air-tight container.
- Dark Place: Avoid direct sunlight and store it in a dark, dry place, such as a cupboard or pantry.
- Store Away from Others: To avoid the tea bags from absorbing the smells and flavors of other stored items, it is best to keep your tea bags away from other food items.
The Bottom Line…
When you take the necessary precautions for long-term tea storage, you can enjoy your tea even after months of storage. Keep in mind the environment in which you will be storing your tea and make use of air-tight containers!