How to Sweeten Tea without Sugar
Craving a cup of sweet, refreshing tea without all the added sugar? Here are some easy and delicious ways to enjoy a cup of sweet tea without adding any sugar:
Use Natural Sweeteners
- Honey is a natural sweetener that’s often used to sweeten tea. Just add a small spoonful of honey to your cup and stir it until it dissolves.
- Maple syrup is a natural sweetener with an earthy, nutty flavor that works especially well in herbal teas. Simply add as much as you like until you achieve the desired sweetness.
Fruit and Vegetables
Fruits like apples, berries, and oranges
- Fruits like apples, berries, and oranges add a rich, natural sweetness to tea. Cut them into small pieces and boil them with the tea to bring out the flavor before straining.
Vegetables like carrots and beets
- Root vegetables like carrots and beets add natural sweetness to your tea as well. Just cut them into small pieces and boil them with your tea until they’re tender. Strain them out before drinking.
Herbs and Spices
Herbs like mint, chamomile, and licorice root
- Adding herbs like mint, chamomile, and licorice root can add flavor and sweetness to your tea. Just add them to the tea and let them steep for a few minutes before drinking.
Spices like cinnamon and cardamom
- Spices like cinnamon and cardamom can also add natural sweetness to tea. Just add a small amount to the tea and let the spices steep for a few minutes before removing and drinking.
These are just a few of the ways you can enjoy a cup of sweet tea without adding any sugar. Experiment with different fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices to find the one that suits your tastes best!