How to Make the Perfect Cup of Tea
- Tea leaves
- Filtered water
- Kettle or heating source
- Heat your water to the right temperature. Depending on the type of tea, that can range from 60°C to near-boiling temperature, 95°C to 100°C. Be careful!
- Fill your teapot or cup with the appropriate amount of tea leaves. Generally, one teaspoon or two per cup is suggested.
- Pour the heated water over the tea leaves and let steep for 2-4 minutes.
- Strain the tea leaves, pour, and enjoy!
- If you prefer sweetened tea, add sugar, honey, or your favourite sweetener.
- Create a more complex flavour by adding a pinch of spices to your water before heating.
- Try adding a wedge of lemon, some fresh mint, or other fruits to add a unique taste.