How to Tea Stain Paper
Creating tea stained paper is an easy and fun way to give your documents an antique look. Follow these simple steps to create your own unique paper.
Step 1 – Supplies
Before you begin, gather the following supplies:
- Black tea bags
- Paper of your choice
- Stove Pot
- Gently stirring utensil
Step 2 – Preparation
- Heat up a pot of water on the stove.
- Place 3-5 black tea bags into the pot.
- Let the tea steep in the warm water for about 10 minutes. You can adjust the steeping time according to your desired intensity of the tea stain.
- Fill the bucket with some cold water.
Step 3 – Tea Stocking
- WARNING: Exercise caution while working with hot water. Use oven mitts if needed.
- Carefully pour the hot tea into the bucket with cold water.
- Gently stir the solution and be sure that the tea is completely soaked in.
- Place your paper inside the bucket and make sure that it is completely submerged.
- Let the paper sit in the bucket for 20-30 minutes, occasionally stirring it to avoid any
uneven tea staining.
Step 4 – Finishing
- Carefully remove the paper from the bucket and let it dry on a flat surface.
- Your paper is now tea stained!
And that’s it! Try experimenting with different steeping times or teas to create your desired tea stained look. Have fun!