How to Use a French Press for Tea
Brewing an aromatic cup of tea using a french press is a simple but rewarding task. This method yields a flavorful and full-bodied cup of tea that is perfect for any time of day. Here are the essential steps to learn how to use a french press for tea.
- Heat water to desired temperature. If using an electric tea kettle, the temperature should range between 165-175 degrees Fahrenheit. For colder teas, allow water to cool first.
- Measure loose leaf tea into the french press. For iced teas, use more tea, about a teaspoon per 8 ounces. For hot teas, use 1 teaspoon for every 8 ounces.
- Pour the water into the french press and stir until the tea has completely dissolved.
- Secure the plunger on the french press. Allow the tea to steep for the desired amount of time.
- When the tea is ready, press the plunger slowly and steadily to separate the tea leaves from the liquid.
- Pour the tea into your cup and enjoy!
It’s that easy! With a few simple steps, you can make a delicious cup of tea with your french press. Now you know how to use a french press for tea, so go ahead and start brewing!