How to Use Ginger in Tea
Ginger adds a delightful flavor and numerous health benefits when added to tea. Here are the basic steps to making the perfect ginger tea:
Gathering the Ingredients
- Ginger root.
- Tea leaves or tea bags.
- Boiling water.
- Optional: Lemon, honey, or sugar as desired.
Preparing the Ginger
- Peel and grate fresh ginger with a grater on the finest setting.
- Mix the ginger root with enough boiling water to make a thick paste.
- Put aside for a few minutes.
Brewing the Tea
- Bring fresh water to a boil.
- Add the desired amount of tea leaves or bags.
- Pour the ginger paste into the boiling water.
- Allow the tea to steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Optional: For added sweetness add lemon, honey, or sugar and stir to combine.
Enjoying and Reaping the Benefits
- Once the steeping time is over, strain the tea using a fine mesh strainer and serve.
- Enjoy the flavor and reap the benefits of the tea.
Ginger is a natural digestive aid, has anti-inflammatory properties, and carries antioxidants which can reduce the risk of certain diseases. Ginger tea is a popular way to enjoy the many benefits of ginger, with the added bonus of the tea leaves. Now you know how to make the perfect ginger tea. Enjoy!