The Benefits of Making Ginger Root Tea
Ginger root tea is a healthy beverage that is known for its medicinal properties. Many people turn to ginger tea for help with nausea, morning sickness, digestion ease and more. The mellow flavor and spicy kick of ginger tea makes it a tasty alternative to regular tea. Here’s how you can make ginger root tea in your own home.
Prepare Your Ingredients
To make ginger root tea, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 2 to 3 tablespoons of fresh ginger root
– 2 cups of boiling water
– A sweetener (honey or maple syrup)
– A lemon or lime
- Wash and peel the ginger root. Cut the ginger root into small thin slices.
- Place the ginger root slices into a medium-sized pot and add the boiling water. Let the ginger root steep for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the steeped tea into a cup and add the sweetener and a slice of lemon or lime.
- Enjoy your homemade ginger root tea!
– If you are using dried ginger root, you will only need 1 tablespoon.
– You may add a pinch of ground cinnamon or cardamom to the tea for added flavor.
– If the taste is too strong, add more water or sweetener.
– You can reuse the same ginger root slices up to three times.