How to Use Tea Bags on Eyes for Relaxation and Refreshment
Tea bags are not just great for providing a relaxing beverage, they also make wonderful treatments for stressed and tired eyes. Here’s how to use tea bags on your eyes to help reduce puffiness, dark circles, and general eye strain.
What You’ll Need
- Tea bags (green, chamomile, black, or any other kind that you like)
- A cup of hot water
- Cold compress (ideally particularly designed for eyes, but a regular cloth can do the job as well)
- Brew two tea bags in a cup of hot water. Let the tea steep for several minutes until it’s cool enough to touch.
- Place the tea bags on the counter and lie down for about 5 minutes with your eyes closed.
- Once it’s cooled, take both of the tea bags and apply them over your closed eyes. You can also place them on your cheeks below the eye area.
- Leave the tea bags in place for 5-10 minutes, or until the tea has completely cooled.
- Important note: Make sure the temperature of the tea bags is comfortable for you. Otherwise, it won’t provide the desired effect or even cause irritation or burns due to hot temperature.
- Remove the tea bags and apply a cold compress cloth over the eyes. You can also use chilled teaspoons.
- Repeat as needed.
Tea bags can provide amazing benefits to your eyes when used regularly. Here are some of the advantages of using them:
- Reduce puffiness: Tea’s natural anti-inflammatory properties can reduce swelling around the eyes.
- Astringent properties: Astringents from green, chamomile, or other kinds of tea can help tighten the skin around the eyes. This leads to appearance of fewer wrinkles.
- Refreshment: The warm and cool feeling associated with tea bags will help you relax and unwind.
- Reduce dark circles: Tea can reduce dark circles and discoloration around your eyes.
Tea bags are a great natural remedy to treat eyes and improve overall health. Just make sure you follow the instructions carefully and use the tea bags at comfortable temperature.