How to Use Tea Tree Oil on Wounds
Tea tree oil has a variety of uses and is known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, making it a popular natural remedy for treating minor wounds. Here is what you need to know about using tea tree oil on wounds:
What You Will Need
- Tea tree oil
- A carrier oil, such as olive oil
- Cotton ball or swab
- Mix one part tea tree oil with one part carrier oil. For example, if you are using one teaspoon of tea tree oil, you will need to add one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Dip the cotton ball or swab in the mixture and apply it directly to the wound.
- Cover the wound with a bandage.
- Repeat the process up to three times a day, as needed.
Tea tree oil is safe for external use but can be toxic if ingested, so take caution when applying it to your wound. If you have an allergy to tea tree oil, you should avoid using it and consult a doctor for other treatment options.