How to Use Turmeric in Tea
Turmeric is a vibrant yellow root ussed in cuisines around the world. It’s recently gained fame for its purported health benefits, and it can be used for making a very tasty tea. Here is how to make tea using turmeric.
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- A pinch of black pepper (optional)
- Dairy alternative for additional flavor (optional)
- Bring water to a boil and add turmeric. Place the cup of water in a pot or saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the ground turmeric and stir it into the water.
- Reduce heat and simmer. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and allow the turmeric and water to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain and add any additional ingredients. When finished, strain the tea into a mug using a fine mesh strainer. If you’re adding honey, black pepper, or other ingredients, add them now and stir to combine.
- Enjoy. The tea is now ready to enjoy.
This is a very simple way to make a delicious and healthy turmeric tea. Whether enjoyed on its own or with some additional ingredients, turmeric tea is definitely worth trying.