How to Make Iced Tea
Making iced tea is a simple and refreshing summertime beverage with many options for flavoring. Read on to learn how to make a perfect pitcher of iced tea.
- 8 cups of cold water
- ¼ cup of loose-leaf tea leaves or 8 tea bags
- Sweeter (optional)
- Bring two cups of water to a boil.
- Add tea and let steep for 3 minutes.
- Pour the tea into the pitcher and add 6 more cups of cold water.
- Add your sweetener to taste.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
If you’re feeling adventurous, there are plenty of ways to customize your iced tea. Here are some ideas to try:
- Add herbs or fruit. Try adding a sprig of fresh herbs, like rosemary or mint, or add slices of fruits like oranges or lemons.
- Experiment with different types of tea. Try oolong, green, or herbal teas for a unique flavor.
- Infuse with spices. Create a spiced tea by steeping with cinnamon, cloves, and star anise.
Making iced tea is easy and customizable. Whether you like it warm or cold, sweet or strong, you can quickly make your perfect pitcher of iced tea. Enjoy!