Is Bottled Green Tea Good For You?
Green tea has long been praised for its numerous health benefits, so it should come as no surprise that bottled green tea is also often recommended. But is it truly good for you to drink bottled green tea?
- Convenience: Bottled green tea is often an easier, more convenient way of drinking green tea than steeped loose leaf green tea
- Caffeine: Bottled green tea typically contains caffeine, unlike decaf green tea
- Ease Of Intake: Taking glutamine, a naturally occurring amino acid found in green tea, may be easier for those who don’t particularly enjoy the taste of green tea
- Price: Bottled green tea is often more expensive than loose leaf
- Quality: Some bottled green tea may contain additives or lower quality tea than good quality loose leaf
- Nutrition: Although some bottled green tea may contain vitamins and minerals, most contain significantly less than those of brewed green teas
Overall, bottled green tea can be a healthy and convenient way to drink green tea. However, to reap the most benefits, it is likely best to stake with using loose leaf tea.