Is Bubble Tea Gluten Free?
Bubble tea, the widely-popular Taiwanese-style drink, has taken the world by storm with its sweet, chewy tapioca pearls filling the bottom of your favorite tea drink. But is bubble tea gluten free? It depends on the ingredient that you are using to make your bubble tea.
The main ingredients for bubble tea are:
- Tea: Tea is naturally gluten-free unless it is flavored with gluten-containing ingredients such as barley malt or wheat germ.
- Tapioca Pearls: Tapioca pearls are gluten-free, however they may be processed in a plant that also processes other gluten-containing ingredients.
- Milk: Regular cow’s milk is gluten free, but certain flavored milks may contain gluten-containing ingredients.
- Fruit: Fruit is naturally gluten free.
Depending on the type of bubble tea that you are making, there may be other ingredients used. These ingredients may include:
- Sugar: Sugar is gluten-free.
- Flavored Syrups: Flavor syrups may contain gluten-containing ingredients, so it’s important to check the label to make sure.
- Cream: Cream is gluten free but certain flavored creams may contain gluten-containing ingredients.
- Jellies: Some jellies may contain gluten, so it’s important to read the label.
To be sure that your bubble tea is gluten-free, it’s important to double-check the ingredients of each item that you are using to make your bubble tea. If you have any questions, it is best to contact the manufacturer for more information.
We hope this article helps you determine whether or not bubble tea is gluten-free. Enjoy your bubble tea!