Is Chamomile Tea Safe For Babies?
Chamomile tea is made from dried chamomile flowers and can provide many health benefits. It’s used to alleviate some common ailments including stomach cramps, cold symptoms, and digestive issues. But is it safe for babies?
- Chamomile tea can be a trusted solution for reducing inflammation and relieving pain, particularly from teething.
- It can also provide relief from uncomfortable gas and bloating.
- The tea’s properties are known to help soothe a baby, calming down their irritability.
- Babies under six months old should never be given chamomile tea.
- For babies six months and older, you should always consult your baby’s doctor before giving them any form of the tea.
- Chamomile tea can interact with certain medications, so it’s important to speak with your doctor if your baby is taking any other medications.
- Due to the tea’s sedating effects, too much consumption can also result in drowsiness throughout the day.
In conclusion, Chamomile tea can be a safe and effective relief from pain and discmfort for babies over six months old. However, it’s necessary to speak with your baby’s doctor to ensure it is safe for your child.