Is Green Tea Good for Heart Palpitations?
Heart palpitations are an uncomfortable and often scary feeling, in which your heart suddenly feels like it is racing, pounding, or skipping a beat. While it is important to seek medical advice depending on the severity of your symptoms, there are certain lifestyle changes and supplements that may help reduce heart palpitations. Green tea is one such supplement that has been said to have a benefit for heart palpitations, let’s take a look.
What Is Green Tea?
Green tea is a type of tea made from the plant Camellia sinensis. It has been used for centuries in traditional medicine and remains popular today. Its popularity and benefits are due to its antioxidant properties, which help protect your body from the effects of some chronic illnesses.
How Can Green Tea Help?
Studies have shown that green tea can potentially reduce the incidence of heart palpitations by increasing the amount of calcium in the heart. Calcium helps to keep the heart beating regularly and helps to lessen the impact of stress and anxiety, both of which are believed to be linked with palpitations. Green tea has also been said to reduce inflammation, which contributes to the feeling of palpitations.
What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Green Tea?
Green tea has many beneficial properties, some of which are:
- Antioxidants: It is a rich source of antioxidants which helps to reduce inflammation and protect the body from harmful free radicals.
- Stress reliever: Green tea helps to reduce stress and anxiety, which is thought to be linked to palpitations.
- Cardiovascular health: It can help to reduce cholesterol levels and support healthy blood flow, both of which can help reduce symptoms of heart palpitations.
- Weight loss: Drinking green tea can help to speed up the metabolism, aiding in weight loss.
- Energy: Green tea helps to improve alertness and provide long-lasting energy without the crash of caffeine.
How To Drink Green Tea?
Green tea can be enjoyed hot or cold. For those looking for maximum benefit, it is recommended to drink green tea regularly, twice a day. Steep for two to three minutes before enjoying a cup of green tea.
Green tea is thought to have several potential benefits when it comes to reducing heart palpitations. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce inflammation and stress, while its cardiovascular benefits can help to lessen the impact of palpitations. So, if you’re looking for a natural way to reduce your heart palpitations, then adding green tea to your routine is definitely worth a try.