Is Green Tea Good For Period Cramps?
Period cramps can be extremely debilitating and uncomfortable. There is strong evidence suggesting that drinking green tea can help reduce period cramps and improve women’s overall health.
How Green Tea Helps With Period Cramps
Green tea contains an amino acid called L-Theanine which helps reduce inflammation and cramps associated with menstrual cycles. The antioxidant catechins present in green tea can help reduce the body’s production of hormones that are otherwise responsible for progressing cramp-pain.
Other Health Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
Not only does green tea help mitigate the pain of cramps, it can also significantly benefit one’s overall health:
- Reduce Blood Pressure: Studies have found that green tea can help reduce blood pressure by regulating the movement of fluids in the body.
- Reduce Cholesterol Levels: Green tea can reduce unhealthy cholesterol levels and promote healthy cholesterol levels in the body.
- Regulate Blood Sugar Level: Green tea can help regulate the body’s blood sugar level.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety: It is well documented that green tea can reduce stress, which is more important than ever these days.
- Improves Bone Strength: Green tea is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that are good for bones and help strengthen them.
In conclusion, there is strong evidence to suggest that drinking green tea can help reduce period cramps and promote overall health and wellbeing. Be sure to include green tea in your diet, and if needed, speak to your doctor about additional methods you can use to help reduce the pain of period cramps.