All About Matcha Tea
Matcha tea is an ancient practice of creating a powdered form of green tea originating from Japan. This unique tea has been around since the 12th century and is renowned for its incredible flavor. Matcha tea has gained in popularity in recent years, and it’s both easy to brew and packed with health benefits.
Health Benefits of Matcha Tea
In addition to its great taste, matcha tea has a number of benefits for your health. Here are some of the most notable benefits:
- Boosts metabolism: Matcha has been known to increase metabolism, making it one of the best natural ways to aid weight loss.
- Loaded with vitamins and minerals: Matcha contains a plethora of important vitamins, minerals, fiber, and amino acids which all aid in optimum health.
- High in antioxidants: Matcha is rich in antioxidants, which reduces inflammation and boosts the immune system.
- Provides energy and focus: The caffeine and l-theanine in matcha gives you a boost of energy, but also helps to calm anxiety and boost focus.
How to Brew Matcha Tea
Brewing matcha tea is a surprisingly simple process. While you can use tea bags for convenience, making matcha from the powdered form has the most nutritional benefits. Here are the steps for brewing matcha tea:
- Measure one teaspoon of matcha powder.
- Heat ½ cup of water to 160-170°F (warm, not boiling)
- Add the matcha powder to the water and stir until it’s a uniform color
- Pour into a cup or mug
- Enjoy your matcha tea
With its great taste and incredible health benefits, matcha tea is a delicious beverage to have in the morning, afternoon, or anytime during the day.