Is Peppermint Tea Good For Cough?
The answer to this question is yes! Peppermint tea is an age old remedy known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, calming, and healing properties that can help ease symptoms of a cough.
Benefits of Peppermint Tea:
- Anti-Inflammatory: Peppermint tea can help reduce inflammation in the throat, which can ease the symptoms of a cough.
- Anti-Bacterial: Peppermint tea contains natural antibacterial properties that can help reduce bacteria in the respiratory tract.
- Calming: The calming properties of peppermint tea can help soothe an irritated, sore throat.
- Healing: The healing properties of peppermint tea can help heal inflammation in the respiratory tract, which can help reduce further irritation and coughing.
Additionally, peppermint tea contains menthol, which helps to open up airways in the lungs and aid in breathing, as well as reduce mucus production. This can help with alleviating coughing fits.
Fever, chest pain, or difficulty breathing while coughing should not be treated with peppermint tea. Seek medical advice if experiencing any of those symptoms.
Tips For Making Peppermint Tea:
- Boil 1 cup of water and add 1 teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves.
- Let the leaves steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a mug and let cool.
- Feel free to sweeten with honey or add lemon for additional flavor.
In conclusion, peppermint tea is a safe, natural remedy for cough symptoms. Make sure to speak to your doctor before consuming peppermint tea if you have any underlying medical conditions.