The Benefits of Drinking Peppermint Tea for Cough Relief
There are a variety of teas that can help relieve coughing symptoms, and one of the most common teas used to combat coughing and the irritation that goes along with it is peppermint tea. Peppermint tea is a popular choice for those looking to soothe a sore throat, reduce congestion, and ease coughing.
Benefits of Peppermint Tea
Peppermint tea has some impressive natural properties that make it an ideal choice for coughing relief. Here are some of the main benefits of drinking peppermint tea for cough relief:
- Reduces inflammation: The menthol in peppermint tea helps to reduce the inflammation associated with an irritated throat and chest.
- Soothes sore throat: Peppermint tea can help to soothe a sore throat and reduce the irritation while also providing relief from coughing.
- Reduces mucus production: Peppermint tea can help to reduce the amount of mucus in the body, making it easier to breathe and reducing the likelihood of coughing.
- Promotes relaxation: Peppermint tea can help to promote relaxation and reduce stress, which can help to ease coughing.
How to Make Peppermint Tea for Cough Relief
It’s easy to make peppermint tea for cough relief. All you need is a few peppermint tea bags and some hot water. Simply place one or two teabags in a cup or mug and pour boiling water over them. Let the tea steep for five to ten minutes, then remove the teabags and enjoy your peppermint tea.
In addition to drinking peppermint tea, there are other steps you can take to reduce coughing and respiratory irritation. Here are some tips:
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated and help loosen mucus.
- Avoid smoking and second-hand smoke.
- Keep your environment clean and free of dust and mold.
- Avoid irritants such as strong-smelling perfumes, hairspray and cleaning products.
- Take a steamy shower or use a humidifier to moisten the air.
Drinking peppermint tea for cough relief is a great way to soothe an irritated throat and reduce coughing. Peppermint tea is full of natural properties that can help to reduce inflammation, stimulate relaxation, and reduce mucus production. Try drinking peppermint tea in combination with the other tips stated above for the best results.