Is Tea Good for an Upset Stomach?
Tea is a popular beverage for many cultures and has been used for centuries to help people with a variety of medical ailments. One complaint that many people have is an upset stomach. So the question remains: is tea good for an upset stomach?
Benefits of Drinking Tea for an Upset Stomach
The benefits of drinking tea for an upset stomach are numerous. Here are some of the top reasons why tea can be beneficial:
- Soothes Stomach Pain – Tea is known to help soothe and relax the muscles in your stomach, helping to ease any cramping or discomfort. It also helps to calm an irritated stomach.
- Aids in Digestion – Tea contains antioxidants which help to break down fats and sugars, making it easier for your body to digest food. Tea can also help to speed up the process of digestion, so you feel better sooner.
- Offers Relief from Gas – Tea is an excellent source of the nutrients necessary for providing relief from gas and bloating. It can help to reduce the amount of gas in your stomach and ease any discomfort you may feel.
Types of Tea Recommended for an Upset Stomach
When choosing a tea to help with an upset stomach, it is important to select one that will best meet your needs. Here is a list of the most recommended types of tea for an upset stomach:
- Peppermint Tea – Peppermint tea is known for its calming effect, making it an excellent choice for an upset stomach. It also can help to reduce any bloating and discomfort from gas.
- Ginger Tea – Ginger tea is well known for its ability to help soothe an upset stomach and settle your digestion. It also can help ease any cramping and pain you may feel.
- Fennel Tea – Fennel tea has anti-spasmodic properties which can help to relax the muscles in your stomach and reduce any cramping or discomfort.
Tea has many medicinal uses and is an excellent choice for dealing with an upset stomach. It can help to soothe cramps and pain, increase digestion, and reduce gas and bloating. Peppermint, ginger, and fennel teas are all good choices for an upset stomach. So, if you are suffering from an upset stomach – consider reaching for a hot cup of tea!