Is Unsweet Tea Good For Diabetics?
The simple answer to this question is, yes, unsweet tea may be beneficial to diabetics. However, it should be consumed in moderation and with the advice of a healthcare professional.
Benefits of Unsweet Tea for Diabetics:
- Curb cravings: Unsweetened tea may help reduce sugar cravings.
- Reduce calories: It has virtually no calories, so it can help diabetics maintain a healthy weight.
- Glycemic control: Some research has shown that drinking unsweet tea with meals may help regulate blood sugar levels.
Unsweet Tea Tips
- Pre-sweetened tea might be better than adding sugar to your cup.
- Avoid creamers, which are generally high in sugar.
- Choose herbal teas like rooibos, cinnamon and ginger as they are naturally sweet.
- Adding fresh fruit or a slice of lemon can help improve the flavor without adding sugar.
At the end of the day, it is important for diabetics to remember that unsweetened tea is not a substitute for medication and should be consumed in moderation with the advice of a healthcare professional.