Say Goodbye to Morning Blues with Masala Tea
Are you looking for a kick-start to your day? Have something that can bring a ‘desi’ twist to your daily beverage?
Masala tea can save the day for you. It is one of the traditional and popular beverage recipes of India. Masala tea is the perfect pick-me-up drink that can instantly turn a grumpy morning into an enjoyable one.
Health Benefits of Masala Tea
Apart from being a refreshing beverage, masala tea can provide various health benefits which include:
- Boosts Immunity: Masala tea contains antioxidant properties and can boost the immune system.
- Helps Good Sleep: Masala tea can reduce stress, calm your senses and help in getting a good night’s sleep.
- Aids Digestion: Masala tea has a lot of digestive benefits since it has ingredients like black pepper and cinnamon which have alkalizing effects on the body.
Ingredients and Preparation
Masala tea is made by adding a mixture of aromatic spices to black tea. The main ingredients required are:
- Black tea – 1 teaspoon
- Freshly crushed ginger and cloves – 1/4 teaspoon each
- Freshly crushed cardamom – 3 seeds
- Freshly crushed green pepper corns – 4
- Sugar or honey (optional) to taste
To prepare masala tea, take a saucepan, add water and let it come to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the freshly crushed mixture of black pepper, ginger, clove, cardamom, and green pepper in it. To this add tea leaves and let it steep for 5 minutes. Lastly add some sugar or honey (optional) and your cup of masala tea is ready.
Start your day right with a cup of masala tea and enjoy the health benefits it provides. Masala tea is perfect to give you the much-needed pick-me-up boost in the morning. So, why not put some ‘desi’ twist to your daily beverage with this amazing drink.