Masala Tea: A ‘Desi’ Twist to Your Daily Beverage
A hot cup of masala tea can make a lot of difference to your otherwise dull or stressful day. It is a combination of strong black tea and warm spices that can lift your spirits and make things look brighter than before.
Benefits of Having Masala Tea
Brewing masala tea has several health benefits such as:
- Inner Balance – This combination of tea, spices and herbs helps improve your digestive system, facilitate easy digestion and strengthen your stomach muscles.
- Improved Metabolism – Masala tea helps boost your metabolism, by assisting the active fat burning process in the body.
- Immunity – The antioxidant properties of the tea in addition to the goodness of the spices provide your body protection from germs and illness.
Easy Way to Make Masala Tea
Making a masala tea is not difficult. All you need are some basic ingredients and you can have your version of this ‘Desi’ beverage right at home. Here’s a quick guideline on how to make your own masala tea.
- Boil some water.
- To the hot water, add some crushed black pepper, crushed ginger, sliced cinnamon, cardamom and a few cloves.
- Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes and then add a teaspoon of black tea leaves.
- Now add some sugar or honey as per your taste.
- Mix the contents and let it simmer on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Pour the tasty tea into your cup and serve with a sprinkle of crushed pepper and some lemon juice.
Kick-Start Your Day with a Tasty Masala Tea
So, next time you want to kick-start your day with something exciting and a twist to your daily beverage, do try making masala tea at home. Not only will it save you time and money, but will also give you a taste that you’ll remember.