Treat Yourself to Your Very Own ‘Desi’ Twist – Masala Tea
Coffee might be the most popular pick-me-up beverage, but if you are looking for a stimulating alternative, masala tea is the way to go.The infusion of spices not only adds a ‘desi’ twist to the tea, but also has some health benefits. If you are looking for a comforting morning cuppa, masala tea should be your go-to.
Benefits of Masala Tea
Having masala tea as your morning beverage will help you in many ways.
- Boosts Metabolism – All the spices present in the masala tea help kick-start your digestion system and in turn rev-up your metabolism.
- Immunity Booster – It is known to strengthen your immune system and help fight infection. This is due to the presence of spices such as haldi and ginger, that helps fight inflammation and lowers the risk of getting sick.
- Helps Manage Blood Pressure – All the spices also help in regulating blood pressure and can give a person with hypertension some relief.
How to Make Your Own Masala Tea?
Making masala tea is a breeze. All you need is a teaspoon of tea leaves, some spices, boiling water and some milk (optional). Here is a simple process to follow:
- Take a teaspoon of tea leaves in a cup and add in 1-2 pieces of cinnamon, a few peppercorns, some cardamom and a few strands of saffron. All of these spices can also be powdered and added.
- Next, pour in some boiling hot water and allow the tea to steep for 5-10 minutes.
- If you wish, you can add in some milk, stirring occasionally.
- Finally strain the tea and your very own ‘desi’ masala tea is ready.
Give Masala Tea a Try
Even if you are not a tea person, masala tea is a great way to give the regular beverage a ‘desi’ twist. With its numerous health benefits, masala tea is a great way to kick-start your day with a stimulating beverage. Why not give it a try.