Masala Tea to Kick-Start Your Day with a ‘Desi’ Twist to Your Daily Beverage
Looking for an energizing cup of beverage that can perk you up and start your day? Why not try ‘Masala Tea’ and experience a burst of Indian flavors in your tea. Masala Tea is a healthy, warm and flavourful blend of traditional herbs, spices and tea that has taken the world by a storm.
What is Masala Tea?
Masala tea refers to Indian tea prepared by boiling a mixture of ingredients such as cardamom, cinnamon and ginger in a mixture of tea and milk. Unlike other forms of tea, this unique combination gives it not just refreshing flavors but also various health benefits.
- Acts as an Immune Booster: Encourages healthy immune functioning, owing to the antioxidants and vitamins contained in the spices
- Helps Provide Relief from Stress: Cardamom, Cinnamon and ginger in the tea acts as anti-oxidants and has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help in calming the mind.
- Supports Healthy Heart: Research indicates that Masala Tea can reduce the chances of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: Masala Tea is a rich source of minerals such as potassium, magnesium , iron and calcium, which can help in managing blood pressure.
How to Make Masala Tea
It is very easy to make Masala Tea in your own kitchen. All you need are:
- Milk – 1 cup
- Tea Leaves – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger – A few small slices
- Cardamom – 2 pods
- Cinnamon – 1-2 sticks
- Optional: Sugar or honey to sweeten the tea
Steps to Make Masala Tea
- Boil the mixture of milk, tea leaves, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon and sugar (if desired) in a pan for about 5 minutes or until the tea becomes a dark brown in colour.
- Simmer the mixture for a further 2 minutes and strain the tea into a mug.
- Add a pinch of sugar for added sweetness.
- Serve hot with a few slices of ginger, cardamom and cinnamon.
Masala Tea is the perfect beverage to kick-start your day with a ‘Desi’ twist to your daily cup of tea. Not only does it offer you great taste and aroma, it also has many health benefits. So, try Masala Tea today and enjoy the unique flavors of India!