Masala Tea to Kick-Start Your Day With a ‘Desi’ Twist to Your Daily Beverage
Masala tea, a spicier and more flavorful version of regular tea, can be a great way to kickstart your day with a ‘desi’ twist to your daily beverage. Made with spices like cardamom, ginger, cloves and cinnamon, these spices are said to provide added health benefits.
- Boosts Immunity: Spices like cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon are known to offer antiviral, anti-fungal, and antimicrobial benefits. This helps to boost immunity.
- Digestive Aid: The warming effect of the spices like ginger, black pepper, and cardamom aid in digestion. They stimulate digestive juices and help reduce gas and bloating.
- Pain Reliever: Ginger is an effective pain reliever and can provide relief from muscle pain, headaches, and arthritis.
- Provides Energy: All the spices used in making masala tea are known to provide energy.
- Boil one cup of water in a pan and add to it four small cardamom, six cloves, and one cinnamon stick.
- Now add boiling water to your cup along with one teaspoon of tea leaves.
- Let it steep for 2-3 minutes before straining the tea into another cup.
- Add ½ teaspoon of ginger powder and ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder to the tea.
- Serve your Masala tea hot with a little bit of sugar and cream, according to your taste.
Masala tea is an easy way to give your daily cup of tea a tasty twist and reap the added health benefits. Enjoy your masala tea and start your day on a healthy note.