Masala Tea to Kick-Start Your Day with a ‘Desi’ Twist to Your Daily Beverage
Whether you are a casual tea drinker or an ardent connoisseur, this ‘desi’ twist to chai is something that should be checked out! Masala tea, also known as Chai Masala, is a combination of black tea infused with various Indian spices including cardamom, ginger, peppercorn and other spices. This soothing and comforting beverage is an ideal way to wake up in the morning and is a great compliment to have with snacks.
Benefits of Masala Tea
Masala tea has lots of health benefits:
- Boosts immunity: Masala tea, with its four major ingredients being cardamom, ginger, clove, and pepper, is highly beneficial in boosting immunity and fighting common infections.
- Improves digestion: The ingredients of Masala tea, like ginger and black pepper, help improve digestion and prevent various digestive problems.
- Helps with weight loss: Consuming this tea regularly can help with weight loss as it has anti-inflammatory properties and boosts metabolism.
- Provides relief from cold and flu: Masala tea has anti-bacterial properties that help in treating cold and flu.
How to Make Masala Tea
Masala tea is very easy to make, and you can whip up a cup of this delicious beverage with a few simple ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of black tea leaves
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 inch of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 2 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Bring the water to boil and add the tea leaves.
- Add the spices (cardamom, ginger, black pepper, fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon sticks) to the boiling water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes for the spices to blend in properly.
- Strain and add honey (optional) for taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Masala tea!
masala tea is a delicious beverage with numerous health benefits and is a great alternative to your regular morning cup of tea. So try this traditional Indian drink and enjoy the refreshing kick-start to your day with a ‘desi’ twist!