Masala Tea to Kick-Start Your Day with a ‘Desi’ Twist to Your Daily Beverage
Do you want to make your morning cups of tea interesting and flavorful? Masala tea is the perfect way to bring an Indian twist to your daily tea regimen. It can be served with milk or without for an aromatic and refresing tea-drinking experience.
Health benefits of Masala Tea
Masala tea is a much healthier alternative to the caffeine based morning beverages. It is loaded with antioxidants, curative herbs and spices which have the potential to boost physical and mental health. Here are some of the health benefits:
- Rich in antioxidants – Masala tea is loaded with antioxidants which help fight cell damage and boosts immunity.
- Improves digestion -The herbs, spices and ginger used in Masala tea are known to help improve the digestion process and improve metabolism.
- Relieves stress – Masala tea contains chamomile which is well known to reduce stress and improve sleep.
- Enhance immunity – The ingredients used in Masala tea are power house of vitamins and minerals which helps to keep various diseases away and boost the immune system.
How to make the perfect cup of Masala Tea
Here’s a simple recipe that you can follow to make the perfect cup of Masala tea:
- Boil 2-3 cups of water in a medium sauce pan.
- Add 2tbsp of tea leaves and let it steep for 5- 7 minutes.
- Add 2tbsp of freshly chopped ginger and one or two cloves.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes then add 3-4 crushed cardamom pods and a pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for a few more minutes.
- Pour in a cup and add sugar or honey to your taste.
And there you have it – a delicious and healthy masala tea to kick start your day!