Masala Tea to Kick-Start Your Day with a ‘Desi’ Twist to Your Daily Beverage
Masala Tea is one of the most popular and widely consumed drinks in the Indian subcontinent. It is a unique combination of various spices and herbs which give the drink a unique flavor and aroma that is quite distinct from other varieties of tea. This tea is known for its health benefits, which include aiding in digestive issues, boosting energy levels and creating a sense of wellbeing.
Benefits of Masala Tea
-Lowers Stress and Anxiety
-Improved Digestive Health
-Aids in Weight Loss
-Improves Mental Clarity
-Calms the Nervous System
How to Make Masala Tea
Masala tea is simple to make at home and requires very few ingredients. Here is a basic recipe that can be easily followed:
- Ingredients: 2-3 Cardamom Pods, 1-2 Cinnamon Sticks, 2-4 Cloves, 1 Small Piece of Fresh Ginger, 1 Teaspoon of Black Tea Leaves and Milk or Water (optional)
- Place the cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in a blender and blend for a few seconds until you have a fine powder.
- Add one teaspoon of the powder in water or milk (optional) and boil.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, add the black tea leaves and reduce the heat.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a cup and serve.
Masala tea is a delicious and beneficial beverage that can be easily made at home using a few simple ingredients. The tea has a unique flavor and aroma that can be refreshing and can help to kick-start your day with a ‘desi’ twist to your daily beverage. Also, the tea provides many health benefits that can be beneficial for your overall wellbeing.