Masala Tea to Kick-Start Your Day with a ‘Desi’ Twist to Your Daily Beverage
Masala tea is a classic Indian beverage that is not only refreshing, but also beneficial for health. It is an infusion of tea, such as black or green, with an array of Indian spices and herbs that provide a unique flavor and taste.
Masala tea is a popular choice in the morning to start your day with. The medicinal properties of the different herbs and spices used to make masala tea give it a ‘desi’ twist to your daily beverage. This tea is also known to reduce colds and headaches, along with helping digestion and aiding weight loss.
Ingredients Used in Masala Tea:
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – Aids digestion, reduces stress and boosts immunity.
- Cloves (Laung) – Assists in preventing digestive problems and is a natural remedy for headache.
- Cardamom (Elaichi) – Regulates blood sugar levels, fights colds and is a natural breath freshener.
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) – Boasts antibacterial and antioxidant properties, along with controlling blood sugar.
These are some of the essential ingredients needed to make a perfect cup of masala tea. Depending on one’s preference, ingredients like ginger, black pepper, and even Nutmeg (Jaiphal) can be added to spice up the flavor.
Benefits of Masala Tea:
- Helps boost metabolism and aids in weight loss.
- Aids digestion and helps treat acidity.
- Provides relief from colds and headaches.
- Fights inflammation and reduces the risk of cancer.
- Improves concentration and reduces stress.
Masala tea is known to have various therapeutic benefits, while providing a unique flavor and aroma. It is one of the perfect beverages to kick-start your day with and is well-loved by many.