Pep up Your Morning Routine with a Cup of Masala Tea
Admit it or not, mornings can be quite a drag. But with a hot, steaming, and flavorful cup of masala tea to your rescue, those sluggish mornings can be a thing of the past.
Masala tea is a unique Indian blend of tea or chai that is brewed with several herbs and spices, such as cardamom, saffron, fennel, and ginger. This traditional concoction is what lends masala tea its distinctive taste.
Benefits of Drinking Masala Tea
Drinking masala tea has its own benefits. A few of them are mentioned below:
- It can act as an energy booster by increasing your alertness and giving you a burst of energy.
- The blend of spices used in masala tea keeps your digestive system healthy.
- The fragrant spices give you an aroma that is both soothing and invigorating.
- It can help regulate your blood sugar levels, and keep your cholesterol levels in check.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and can prevent colds and flu.
Due to the presence of the potent ingredients, it is one of the most popular beverages that can help awaken the senses and kickstart your day.
How to Make Masala Tea?
Making a cup of masala tea is quite simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2-3 teaspoons of tea leaves
- 2 cups of water
- 3-4 cardamom pods
- 3-4 cloves
- A one-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2-3 strands of saffron
- 2-3 teaspoons of sugar or jaggery, depending on your preference
- A pinch of fennel seeds (optional)
- Add the tea leaves, cardamom, cloves, and ginger in a pot and pour two cups of water over it.Let it boil for a few minutes.
- Once the lingering aroma of the spices begin to fill the air, add the saffron, sugar, and fennel seeds. Adjust the sugar as per your requirement.
- Simmer the concoction for 5-10 minutes, until it reaches a deep yellowish-amber hue.
- Finally, strain the masala tea over teacups, and serve hot.
Add some milk to make the tea creamier, or even some lemon juice for a unique twist. Get creative and make your morning beverage special with a ‘desi’ twist.
The Ultimate Pick-Me-Up
Just one sip of this spiced up tea, and you will be hooked! Not to forget, this aromatic beverage is likely to become your favorite pick-me-up after a tiring day.
So the next time when you have to start your day, let masala tea be your go-to beverage and enjoy its flavourful and invigorating experience.