Masala Tea to Kick-Start Your Day with a ‘Desi’ Twist to Your Daily Beverage
Are you a Tea lover? If so, you should try Masala Tea! Adding a special ‘Desi’ twist to the traditional beverage, Masala Tea is a popular drink all over India and has found a lot of takers internationally too.
Why you should have Masala Tea?
- Tastes Different – Masala Tea doesn’t just taste like regular Tea, as it is made from a blend of spices, herbs and other ingredients, thus imparting a unique aroma and flavour.
- Health Benefits – It helps in boosting digestion, improving heart health and relieving common colds among other things.
- High on Energy – Masala Tea is rich in antioxidants and provides more energy than the regular Tea.
How to make Masala Tea?
Making Masala Tea isn’t too hard, but requires ingredients and preparation steps that differ a bit from making regular Tea.
- Ingredients Required – You will need water, Teabags, one teaspoon of sugar or jaggery, a few cardamom pods, one inch of fresh ginger (finely chopped), one teaspoon of fennel seeds and a few curry leaves.
- Steps – Boil the water in a pan, add the Teabags, sugar, ginger, cardamom, fennel and curry leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes, remove the Teabags, strain the drink and serve.
Start your day with a ‘Desi’ twist, try having Masala Tea every morning and enjoy its unique flavour and unbeatable health benefits!