Masala Tea To Kick-Start Your Day With A ‘Desi’ Twist To Your Daily Beverage
Looking to give your daily tea a Gujarati touch? Then why not try masala tea, made from black tea leaves and a variety of aromatic spices.
What Is Masala Tea?
Masala tea is a popular Indian beverage made from black tea and spices. This tea is usually served black, with Indian spices like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and ginger. It has a distinct herbal aroma and taste, and is sure to kick-start your day even before you start sipping it!
Benefits of Masala Tea
Masala tea is not only tasty but is also packed with several health benefits! Here are some of the benefits:
- Boosts your immunity – The spices present in masala tea have beneficial antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help boost your immunity.
- Reduces stress – Caffeine present in tea helps reduce stress and increases alertness. The aroma of the spices also helps in calming down your mind.
- Improves digestion – Ginger, cardamom and other spices in masala tea aid digestion and help in relieving gastrointestinal issues.
- Prevents cell damage – The black tea in masala tea has polyphenols that helps in reducing cell damage and prevents diseases.
- Provides relief from respiratory issues – Spices like ginger, cinnamon and pepper present in masala tea help in relieving respiratory issues by affecting the nerves present in your lungs.
How To Make Masala Tea
Making masala tea at home is quite simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 teaspoon black tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sticks, chopped
- 2-3 cloves
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1 cup of water
Now to make the tea, add the tea leaves, spices, sugar and water into a pan. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for around five minutes. Strain the tea into a cup, and your masala tea is ready to be enjoyed!
So give your daily tea a desi twist and start your morning with a cup of masala tea. Enjoy!