Masala Tea to Kick-Start Your Day with a ‘Desi’ Twist to Your Daily Beverage
Masala tea or spice tea is a popular hot beverage enjoyed in India and in many other countries. This drink can be consumed throughout the year and has become a favorite of many tea lovers. Making masala tea is very simple and requires ingredients that can be easily found in most households.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ½ teaspoon of tea powder
- 1 cardamom pod
- 2 cloves
- A pinch of crushed pepper (optional)
- A few pieces of dry ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (or as per taste)
- A few strands of saffron
- 4-5 teaspoons of milk
- Pour the 1 cup of water into a saucepan and heat it until it starts boiling.
- Add the tea powder, cardamom, cloves, pepper, and ginger to the boiling water and let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until it is fully dissolved.
- Strain the mixture into a cup.
- Add the saffron and milk and stir until the mixture turns light brown.
Benefits of Masala Tea
- Rich in Antioxidants: Masala tea is a great source of antioxidants and can help protect the body from oxidative damage.
- Boosts Energy: Masala tea is a great way to boost energy levels and provides an instant energy boost.
- Improves Metabolism: The ingredients in masala tea can help to improve digestive health and metabolism.
- Improves Immunity: Masala tea can help to boost the immune system, improve immunity and reduce the risk of infections and diseases.
Masala tea is a great way to start your day with a desi twist to your daily beverage. It is a flavorful and healthy drink that can be enjoyed any time of the day. It can be easily prepared at home with common ingredients. Enjoy this drink and reap the benefits of its antioxidant and immunity-boosting ingredients.