Oolong Tea: A Marvel Choice to Beat the Wintertide!
Winter can be a stressful and challenging season. To survive cold waves, to keep yourself alert and to beat the winter blues you need more nutrients and energy to push your health towards the best shape. Oolong tea is one of the perfect solutions to all your winter wellness woes.
What is Oolong Tea?
Oolong tea is a full leaf tea that lies between green and black tea in terms of oxidation. It is semi-oxidized and made of complex blends of large tea leaves. The differences in oxidation levels offer different flavors and make them slightly different from the others.
Reasons to Choose Oolong Tea
- Metabolism Booster: Studies have revealed that oolong tea increases fat burning as well as your metabolism rate by 10%. This can help you when you don’t have time to exercise.
- Healthy for Heart: Oolong decreases the risk of getting cardiovascular diseases such as cholesterol and heart attacks. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties can also be beneficial for your cardiovascular health.
- Strengthens teeth: Fluoride present in oolong tea prevents cavities as well as it keeps your dental health in top condition. It also helps to reduce inflammation in gums and fights against bad breath.
- Full of antioxidants: Oolong tea has powerful antioxidants which can help in keeping your body healthy, protect against cell damage and slow the ageing process.
- Helps to lower stress levels: Oolong tea is known to relieve stress, reduce insomnia and increase focus. Stress is one of the most common problems in winter and oolong tea can be a great beverage choice.
Things to Keep in Mind
When you are choosing oolong tea, ensure to buy reputed brands with quality leaves. Remember to store the tea leaves in an airtight container and away from any odors and heat. Lastly, keep in mind that an overdose of oolong tea can be harmful because it contains caffeine. That’s why, you should drink it in moderation and for the best effects, drink it on an empty stomach.
Oolong is a fantastic winter beverage choice for adults and youngsters alike. The flavorful and earthy aromas of this tea can warm you up and boost your mood. So, if you want to survive the wintertide, get some oolong tea today!