Spice Up Your Life with a Cup of Traditional Masala Chai
Traditional Masala Chai, also known as Indian spiced tea, is a fragrant, flavorful and popular tea in India. It has been enjoyed for generations for its warmth, soothing effects, and tasty flavor. This comforting and energizing tea is made from a combination of aromatic Indian spices, loose-leaf black tea and hot milk.
Aromatic Indian Spices
Traditional Masala Chai typically contains a combination of any of these aromatic Indian spices:
- Cardamom – A subtle spice known to give a pleasant, sweet aroma and vibrant flavor.
- Cloves – A woody and sweet smell, with a pungent flavor.
- Cinnamon – An inviting smell reminiscent of the holidays and a warm, sweet flavor.
- Ginger – Has an unmistakable aroma andAdds a nice lingering heat and subtle citric notes.
- Black pepper – Releases a strong aroma and pungent flavor.
Benefits of Traditional Masala Chai
In addition to the sweet aroma and savory flavor, Traditional Masala Chai has many beneficial properties. A cup of tea is a great way to get an energy boost, as the black tea provides some caffeine, while the spices and boiling hot water help open up your senses. The combination of spices helps improve digestion, reduce bloating, and help with respiratory issues as well.
Making Your Own Traditional Masala Chai
Making your own Traditional Masala Chai is an easy and fun task you can do at home, and allows you to customize the flavor to your own taste. First, add one teaspoon of loose-leaf black tea and one teaspoon of the spices of your choice to two cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes. Finally, add a quarter cup of hot milk and sweeten it with honey or sugar to taste.
There you have it! You can now enjoy a flavorful and warm cup of Traditional Masala Chai anytime you want.