Top 4 Spicy Add-Ons to Boost up Your Masala Chai
Love your chai with a spicy bite? Try adding one of these four fun ingredients to make your masala chai even more flavorful and pungent!
Adding freshly ground black pepper will give your masala chai a spicy kick.
- How to use: Start by boiling your water and adding ginger, tea leaves, and other masala chai spices. Once it’s boiling, turn the heat off and add black pepper.
- Guidelines: Start with a few shakes, taste it, and then add more black pepper if you need it.
Adding cardamom to your masala chai gives it an intense, fragrant aroma and flavor.
- How to use: Put the cardamom pods in water and put it on the stove over low heat. Boil gently for 10 minutes, then strain the water. Add the cardamom-infused water to your masala chai.
- Guidelines: For a milder flavor, use fewer cardamom pods and reduce boiling time.
Like cardamom, cloves also give a wonderful fragrant flavor to masala chai.
- How to use: Add ground cloves to your masala chai and stir until the spice has dissolved.
- Guidelines: Start with a small amount of cloves and add more if needed.
Known as one of the most powerful spices, turmeric not only adds a pungent flavor to masala chai, but also several health benefits too.
- How to use: Add a pinch (or more if you prefer) of ground turmeric to your masala chai, and stir until it’s dissolved.
- Guidelines: Start with a small amount and add more if needed.
These are just some of the many ingredients you can add to your masala chai to boost up the flavor. Experiment with different spices and find the combination that works for you. Enjoy!