Making Masala Chai for your Friends and Family
Whether you’re hosting a party or celebrating a special occasion, nothing quite beats a fragrant cup of masala chai. Infusing traditional spices with black tea leaves, this delicious tea has been enjoyed across India for centuries. The simple steps to make homemade masala chai are surprisingly easy, and it’s certain to be enjoyed by friends and family alike.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make masala chai:
- 1 teaspoon of loose Black Tea Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 2 Cups of Water
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon of Cloves
- Bring the two cups of water to the boil.
- Add the loose tea leaves, and reduce the heat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, and let simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and pour into cups.
- Serve & enjoy!
Tips and Variations
It’s easy to make variations to the recipe to suit different tastes. For a stronger and sweeter masala chai add more cardamom, cloves or cinnamon. If you have access to fresh spices, you can also grind them down to a powder and add accordingly. For a more creamy and mild taste, you can also add a couple of tablespoons of condensed milk.
Making masala chai is a great way to treat friends and family with something different. Whether you’re looking to impress with a traditional Indian drink, or just want to add something special to an occasion, this drink is sure to satisfy.