Treat Your Taste Buds to the Indian Masala Chai from Assam!
Nothing can beat the flavour of a cup of Indian Masala Chai from Assam. This delicious beverage is the perfect way to start your day or to perk you up after a long afternoon.
Where Does This Variety of Tea Come From?
Masala Chai is made from a blend of spices and black or green tea, and originated in the Indian state of Assam. Historically, people added ground spices to hot milk and water to create a sort of tea concentrate, which they then added to milk and boiled to create the beverage.
What Kinds of Spices Are Added?
Masala Chai is made with a blend of spices, like:
- Cardamom, which is believed to offer a number of health benefits and adds a sweet, fragrant flavour to the tea.
- Cloves, which are known for their anti-microbial properties and give the tea a unique spicy flavour.
- Cinnamon, which not only adds warmth, but may also help reduce inflammation.
- Ginger, which can help with digestion and offer a slightly spicy, warming taste.
What Benefits Can This Tea Offer?
This tea is much more than just a delicious beverage – it offers a variety of health benefits as well. Here are just a few of the benefits that drinking this tea may offer:
- It may help boost immunity and prevent colds and flu.
- It may improve digestion and gut health.
- It may help reduce inflammation.
- It may help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
Next time you’re tired or feeling out of sorts, why not treat yourself to a cup of Indian Masala Chai from Assam? It’ll treat your taste buds and offer some additional health benefits as well!