The Health Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
Green tea is one of the oldest and most popular varieties of tea enjoyed around the world. It is made from the unfermented leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, so it contains a variety of bioactive compounds, including the powerful antioxidants known as catechins.
What Green Tea Does to Your Body
Drinking green tea has many potential benefits, including:
- Aids weight loss: Green tea boosts metabolism and aids digestion, both important factors for losing weight.
- Protects against disease: Green tea contains powerful antioxidants, which help protect against cancer, heart disease and other diseases.
- Improves cognitive function: Green tea is thought to increase alertness and improve mental focus.
- Lowers blood pressure: Green tea can help to regulate blood pressure levels and protect against hypertension.
- Reduces inflammation: The antioxidants found in green tea can help reduce inflammation and improve overall health.
Drinking Green Tea Regularly
Drinking green tea regularly is associated with many health benefits and can help to boost energy levels and overall wellness. To get the most out of green tea, it’s important to drink it regularly. Most experts recommend drinking 2-3 cups per day.
Green tea can also be used externally to soothe skin. It can be applied as a compress or added to a bath or spa treatment.
In conclusion, green tea is a delicious, healthy drink packed with many potential health benefits. Drink it regularly to reap its many rewards, including improved mood, increased alertness and potential disease protection.