What is Jasmine Tea and What Does it Do?
Jasmine tea is an aromatic green tea made from Camellia sinensis leaves and jasmine flowers. Distinctively fragrant, jasmine tea is believed to have medicinal properties, including adrenal and immune system support, digestion aid, weight loss, and boosting overall body health.
Types of Jasmine Tea
Jasmine tea is produced in many different types and styles, some being:
- Traditional jasmine tea which is green tea scented with blooming jasmine flowers.
- Fujian jasmine tea, which is a type of green tea leaves picked and dried before the onset of the flowering jasmine season.
- Jasmine silver tip tea, which is pure downy tips of young green tea leaves scented traditionally with jasmine flowers.
- Jasmine oolong tea, a combination of oolong tea leaves and jasmine flowers.
- Jasmine white tea, which is white tea flavoured with jasmine flowers.
Health Benefits of Jasmine Tea
Jasmine tea is known for several medicinal benefits, some of which include reducing symptoms of stress and anxiety, aiding in digestion and weight loss, and promoting healthy physical activity. Consumed hot or cold, jasmine tea is known for its potent anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-oxidant properties, as well as its ability to reduce inflammation.
Not only does jasmine tea taste great and offer powerful health benefits, it’s incredibly easy to make. All you need is loose jasmine tea leaves, or jasmine-blended tea bags, and a few minutes of steep time. So why not give it a try and see how it can benefit your health?