What is Butterfly Pea Tea?
Butterfly Pea Tea is a herbal medicinal tea made in Southeast Asia. It is made from the Clitoria ternatea flower also known as the butterfly pea. The flower has a beautiful deep blue color and its tea turned out to be as beautiful and exquisite too.
Butterfly Pea tea offers a plethora of health benefits:
- Rich in Antioxidants – Butterfly Pea tea is full of antioxidants like anthocyanin and polyphenols which help to fight oxidative stress in the body and protect body from illnesses and diseases.
- Good for Brain Health – This tea also contains a high amount of flavonoids which are known to enhance memory, alertness and mental clarity.
- Boosts Immune System – The high concentration of vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial plant compounds in Butterfly Pea tea helps to boost the immune system.
- Improves Vision – The tea contains a good amount of carotenoids which are useful for maintaining optimal vision.
- Improves Sleep Quality – The high amount of magnesium and calcium found in this tea helps to reduce stress levels, improve sleep quality and enhance mood.
How to Make Butterfly Pea Tea?
Making Butterfly Pea tea is a very easy and simple process. All you need is to bring a pot of water to a boil and add 1-2 teaspoons of the dried butterfly pea flower. Let the water simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow the tea to steep for another 5-10 minutes. After a few minutes, strain the tea into a cup and then add honey or lemon to sweeten the tea and make it even more delicious.
Butterfly Pea Tea is a delicious and beneficial herbal tea that can be consumed to promote overall health. It has various health benefits like improving brain health, boosting the immune system, improving vision and improving sleep quality. The tea is also very easy to make and can be made in just a few minutes.